Introducing: RI Certification
The RIA is proud to launch its certification for Responsible Investment Advisors and Professionals. We provide third-party certification for qualified professionals working in Canada’s responsible investment industry. Both of our certifications – Responsible Investment Certified Advisor & Responsible Investment Certified Professional – are listed on the IIROC website here.
Becoming an RIA-Certified Responsible Investment Advisor or Professional will:
• Differentiate your business practice
• Increase your skills and knowledge
• Earn professional credentials and CE credits
• Demonstrate your commitment to responsible investment
• Enable you to tap into the rising demand for responsible investment
• Grow and expand the scope of your business
Four steps to becoming an RIA-Certified Responsible Investment Advisor or Professional:
- Successful completion of the RI Academy’s online course – RI Essentials.
- Member of RIA and industry regulatory bodies in good standing
- Must agree with the Statement of Purpose of the RIA
- After certification, you are required to complete annual updates to ensure your expertise is current
If you meet these criteria, then the RIA will provide you with certification at no additional cost. If you want to become certified, or if you have questions about certification, please contact Dustyn Lanz, Director, Research and Communications: firstname.lastname@example.org
About RI Essentials and Certification:
RI Essentials is a 10 – 12 hour comprehensive examination of responsible investment. It was designed for Investment Advisors, Wholesalers, Portfolio Managers and others interested in developing expertise in the integration of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors in the selection and management of investments.
It’s a structured learning experience featuring up-to-the-minute case studies, step-by-step theory, interactive tools and financial modeling. It has been designed to help maximize a practical application of ESG concepts in the shortest possible timeframe. RI Essentials is eligible for 10 CFA CE credits, 10 Advocis CE credits, 10 IIROC CE credits, and 10 FPSC CE credits.
RI Essentials is part of a training program that we are launching in partnership with the RI Academy, and with the support of NEI Investments. These partnerships give our program a distinct, global perspective on responsible investment.